Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A fantasy or an escape…


Whoa! looking at the topic I really feel how far I have come in terms of thinking logically and profoundly…I have finally achieved the feat which people with only white beards and grey hair can really achieve…well jokes apart….i really wanted to type something as I am sitting in the train looking out at the beauty of nature and looking at the rainbow in the sky….needless to say that it is beautiful…now as it is my fast today so I m not taking anything to eat anything means anything that is being served in the train…L but I still think that I should rather make some really good use of my time here instead of casting my evil eye on the co-passengers scavenging their way into the plates...

As I have been looking out of the train window as I always grab the window seat…without fail…well I noticed one thing which I have been observing since quite a long time….i see so many people coming out of their houses, children stopping their game, oldies peeping out of their windows or the youth coming out on their terrace suspending all their present activities to look at the passing train…and as I see this it makes me wonder why is everyone so fascinated by this moving thing called train….

I mean what could be so important to see that you leave your morning sleep, your impending nature calling plans, leaving your tooth brushing and coming out on your balcony to peep out at the passing train…I have always wondered about it but could never fathom the reasons behind all this..and even one more thing that whether this happens only in India or maybe abroad too….

Well there could be different reasons attributed to it..

Somehow I don’t completely blame the onlookers for it because back in my college days I used to turn back every time craning my neck to look at the blue train that used to pass behind our department….it was strange but I had my reasons…we were like a bunch of birdies stuck up in our hostel when we really wanted to go back to the comfort of our houses and looking at the trains I used tot think of the people inside it…some of them traveling away from home for some studies or job away from their loved ones and maybe never to return again, some of them going to visit some family function or maybe after that too….taking the wonderful memories back with them forever, there might have been some army people in them going to or away from their families for us, some of them were going to meet their families and lovers after a long hiatus and it was as if standing so far from the train I could literally feel their joy and excitement brimming over….and I could sense it in the air…

And suddenly all these feelings surging within me transformed that blue train into a moving cargo of emotions and feelings exuding love, affection, care, memories and hopes all of a sudden which could not be contained therein ...it was strange.. but it bestowed a different kind of warmth and wisdom..so it was not only a train for me atleast...
but then I always think in a very animated and different way and I really don’t think someone else will ever even understand me and my weird thoughts…

When I sit in a train..and I see so many onlookers staring at the train to somehow get a glimpse of the compartment within I always have a myriad of feelings rushing through the inner self and before I can register all of them they vanish and then my thoughts drift to something completely different…

well for some of the onlookers it is the scary realization of their financial incapability and that they would never be able to enjoy the comfort of these luxury compartments in their entire lives..for others it might be just a simple way of experiencing the child within and for the rest maybe a chance to let the weird thoughts flow...

some of them just might be wondering about the silly things I used to think about while looking at the train….we have this fascination with the packet of emotions and maybe we only look for escapes from our realities…when I used to feel trapped in my hostel away from my home I and my friends used to wonder that there are such lucky people traveling that train who are so free and lucky to be going to the warmth of their families and their siblings and here we are..sweating it out for the next surprise biochemistry test….

I cant say anything for sure till date but I guess maybe we all want some excuse to get away from our realities and a train is the most common and mundane thing that we get to see, feel and experience everyday or maybe its our fascination with the cute little blue train which moves slithering through miles and taking people to their destinations….

Whatever the reason might be but trains will always remain to be one of my favorite fascination..however old I may grow up to be ..i will still suspend my present activity and crane my neck and strain my eyes to experience the joy and pain of seeing a train pass by….whistling its way into people’s life letting them feel the strange feelings of the passengers within and trying to connect with strange emotions for a fleeting moment….but for the time being i think it is best to keep that child within all of us alive and kicking....

5 comments:

Ada said...

the blog is amazing !!! Words are the mirrros of emotions, fantacies and imagination, no wonder Ankita writes (or in this case bloggs) so well. Though each tym I find a gun directed towards my forehead, wen i read her bloggs... yet i find myself truthfully praising her work.
She has portrayed well one of the many queer habits of the multitude of indians, populating many countries. I'm sure I'll remmbr her blog the next tym I crane/ twist/ turn my neck to catch a glimpse of a speeding train !!!!

The Unsure Ascetic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AB said...

your blog is really very nice.. The best thing I liked about is simplicity and truthfulness..!!
keep blogging!!



Y2A ;)

Bloggy said...

very true?
Infact each one of has his or her emotions attached to train. A compartmrnt is a small India in itself. So many ppl so many stories so many joys so many tears....
the best part I liked was the depiction of that brushing-person(seen so many times noticed never)
"Dil Ko Chhoo Lene Wala.."

Clandestine said...

# suprem
thank you suprem ..but next time around plz notice other unusual things like the brushin man n lemme know i wud include them too..

# Abhinav
I m glad that u like the simplicity of my writing...

# Jayant
Hey dude thanx for ur comments...next time u look at a train i m sure u r gonna think of this silly post...

# Ada
u r a liar..when did i pose my gun to ur head..yeah i was thinking of doing it next time though..not a gun bribe..it works smoother..n makes both happy..lolz..thanx sweetie for ur comments....hope u read my next blog without any threatenings... ;)